Inflation kills cash. Period. Everyone agrees on this, regardless of which political party they’re in. This is why one of the best long-term savings tools is always precious metals. It’s why I launched my gold website and my silver website in the first place — to help people learn how to save with precious metals.
This week I stumbled across what has to be the best silver idea I’ve ever heard of. It’s a service called SilverSaver, and it’s run by people who understand that saving money in currency over time is essentially financial suicide. It’s not even worth it. So they started a service where you can automatically invest in silver — any amount and with any frequency you want.
Why It Makes Sense
Within minutes of finding the site, I set up a Silver Saver account, and contacted them to partner with the dealers in order to have permission to tell my readers about the SilverSaver automatic savings program. Here’s how it works:
- You set it up. Set up the automatic part — tell them how much you want to invest, and when you want to invest it. For example, $50 per month, or $200 per week, or $75 every other week — whatever you feel comfortable with.
- You buy silver. It automatically buys silver. This is passive investing — it happens automatically. You set it up once, and it will save a little every week or month or so until you tell it to stop. This means over time you can just check your account and see your savings that you’ve hoarded up without thinking about it. Out of sight, out of mind.
- You can save. If you want, you can just save the silver at the dealer’s. This is optional, as I’ll explain below. This way you have the silver somewhere safe, slowly building up to be a larger, and larger sum. If you save $50 per week, after 12 months, you’ll have $2,600. If silver prices go up during that time, you save even more.
- You can sell. At any time, you can liquidate your silver — in other words, sell it back to the dealer. If the price of silver is higher than when you bought it, then you actually make money saving money. That something that essentially never happens with currency savings.
- You can deliver. If you want to hold onto the silver for safe-keeping, you can have them ship it to you as well. If you don’t feel comfortable having another company hold your silver, it’s not a big deal, and you can have them send it to you. You pick from different silver coins, rounds, bars and almost every other form of silver bullion.
- You pick the type. You can have your pick of silver rounds, silver coins, silver bars — anything else you want. You pick and you automatically invest in it. It seriously couldn’t be a more systematic approach to silver investing.
Silver Saver is by far the most incredible development in the gold and silver industry I’ve seen in the last few years. It’s one of those ideas where after looking at it, I was thinking, “Why didn’t I come up with this?” It’s a fantastic idea that allows people to save real wealth automatically — not just paper currency that is guaranteed to become worth less over time.
If you think silver prices are going to end this year higher than they started, then sign up for the SilverSaver. I’ve already signed up and am buying a few hundred through them every month, even though I’ve got plenty of silver and gold in my portfolio already (nearly 25%).
If nothing else, I’d suggest every reader to save at least 10% of your income per month if you don’t have enough silver to cover a year’s living expenses — this is a basic staple in financial security, and is just part of being financially responsible.
Owning hard-assets is on the rise, as the Silver Saver guys explain in their video.
If you’ve read anything I’ve written over the last few years, you’ll know that I’m a huge fan of passive investing. In other words, slowly buying silver is what everyone should have been doing over the last two decades.
Buying a lump of silver every few random months is not bad, but buying it consistently in small portions every week or month with Silver Saver is ideal — that increases your ounces per month every month indefinitely, meaning in every silver bull market your net worth and financial security do extremely, extremely well.
This isn’t for people looking to make “fast cash” or “get rich quick”. This is for people looking to actually save their money, protect their wealth, potentially profit from the silver market, and simply have hard assets in their portfolio grow over time.